December Construction Update
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Site work, and masonry are ongoing in all areas. Structural steel is complete in all academic wing areas A, B & C. Roofing, windows and exterior brick are underway as well. (Academic Wing). Precast wall panels in gym are complete. Structural steel is underway. (Gym, Band, Vocal, Ind. Tech and Wee Warriors). M/E/P (Mechanical, Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing throughout building.
The Waukee Board of Education will be calling for a special election to be held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18 million in general obligation bonds that would be used to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee. For more information the bond referendum click here.
- Bond referendum scheduled for Feb. 4. Board was asked to take action at next Board of Education meeting, December 9.
Reviewed RFP timeline for architectural services and established committee.
- January – Issue RFP
- Screening and selection by Spring Break
- April – begin design work
Eason Elementary HVAC Upgrade
Bid opening took place at 2:00 on December 5. Apparent low-bidder was Woodruff Construction who came in at $2,181,700.00.
Woodland Hills Elementary School – 1120 S 95th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266-9020
- Working to complete remaining punch-list items in the building.