January Construction Update
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Roofing, windows and exterior brickwork are all ongoing. (Academic Wing). Bar joist and decking are underway. (Gym, Band, Vocal, Ind. Tech and Wee Warriors). M/E/P (Mechanical, Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing throughout building.
A special election will be held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. Polling locations are Waukee District Office, 560 SE University Ave., Waukee and St. Francis of Assisi Church, 7075 Ashworth Rd., West Des Moines. Polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on February 4. For more information the bond referendum click here.
- FRK presented two exterior elevations to committee. Schedule for this project is as follows:
- February – Bond referendum
- March – SD (Schematic Design) and DD (Design Development) approval
- May – complete construction documents
- June – bid project
- June 2016 – project completion
CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here.
- District legal counsel has reviewed the RFP and District staff will make final changes. Schedule for selection is as follows:
- January – To view the RFP that was issued click here.
- Screening and selection by Spring Break
- April – begin design work
Eason Elementary HVAC Upgrade
- Pre-construction meeting scheduled for 1/20/14.
Woodland Hills Elementary School – 1120 S 95th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266-9020
- Working to complete remaining punch-list items in the building.