April Construction Update
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Exterior brick mostly complete on academic wing.
- Interior wall framing, ductwork and plumbing rough-in mostly complete.
- Exterior metal siding installation is underway.
- Exterior brickwork is ongoing.
- Roofing installation is underway.
- M/E/P (Mechanical, Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing throughout building.
- Grading is underway for west parking lot.
Coordination meeting with the City of Waukee and developer to discuss Douglas Parkway and related public improvements on April 11. MidAmerican/Weidt Group process is ongoing, next scheduled meeting on April 22. Schedule for this project is as follows:
- February – Bond referendum – Complete
- March 24 – SD (Schematic Design) and DD (Design Development) approval – Complete
- April 22 – P&Z preliminary approval
- May 19 – City Council final approval
- May – complete construction documents
- June/July – bid project
- June 2016 – project completion
CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here.
- Met with Invison on two occasions to discuss basic construction processes and met with their MEP (mechanical, electrical, plumbing) consultants. They provided a preliminary schedule related to starting the design process, started on April 18.
- January – issue RFP – Complete
- 1/29 – Pre Submittal Mtg. – Complete
- 2/17 – Proposals due – Complete
- 3/3-3/5 – Interviews with top 4 firms – Complete
- 3/10 – Invision selected as the architecture firm for the CAPS Facility
- April – begin design work
Eason Elementary HVAC Upgrade
- Final coordination meeting with Peg Erke and General Contractor was Monday, April 14.
Woodland Hills Elementary School – 1120 S 95th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266-9020
- Working to complete remaining punch-list items in the building.