South Middle S.W.A.T. Information
The Waukee S.W.A.T. (Students Working to Advance Technology) is a group of motivated students who share a passion for technology. They meet each morning during advisory to complete the advisory requirements but also work on technology projects that the school needs as well as planning learning for South Middle School sixth graders.
Click here for the application (current 6th graders can apply) – due April 25
S.W.A.T. Goals for 2013-2014
- Learn new technologies and Web 2.0 tools
- Teach other middle school students about technology
- Create a digital yearbook for each grade level
- Work with technology that you are interested in learning about
- Communicate by email with students from Denmark
- Organize the announcements for the TVs (when they are up and running)
Announcements and Upcoming Events
- Learning sessions for 6th graders.- Scratch (learn how to make a simple video game or an animation) – April 29 – 3:00 to 4:15 pm.