Waukee Communications Department Earns 5 Awards
The Waukee Communications Department earned five awards at the Iowa School Public Relations Association (ISPRA) Annual Communications Contest Awards Night held on April 3 at Fire Creek Grill.
“As the district continues to grow it’s important to continue to communicate with parents and community members and share success stories,” Nicole Lawrence, communications coordinator, said. “It’s an honor to receive recognition from ISPRA and school public relation professionals from Oklahoma.”
ISPRA, is an organization of school public relations professionals, superintendents, principals and others interested in fostering understanding and support for education. ISPRA’s annual Communications Contest awards school public relations professionals throughout the state for outstanding work. Projects were submitted among 15 categories and judged this year by the Oklahoma School Public Relations Association. Judging is based on design/appearance, clarity/focus, quality in writing, overall effect and evaluation. Scoring is on a scale of one to ten for each set of judging criteria and then totaled and divided by five. An average score of 5-7 points receives an Award of Merit and an average score of 8-10 receives an Award of Excellence. A Blue & Gold Award is given for best in category.
2014 Communications Awards Received:
- Blue and Gold Award for Marketing Materials/Web Story – Nutrition Employee of the Month
- Blue and Gold Award for Marketing Materials/Web Story – Students Get Free Through Spoken Word
- Blue and Gold Award for Photography – Food Art
- Award of Excellence for Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube)
- Award of Excellence for Special Purpose Publication – Bond Referendum