Waukee Foundation Scholarship Annual Food Drive November 1-18
The Waukee Foundation Food Drive has been driving donations for the Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry for the last 11 years. The food pantry feeds over 100 families each month, with that number growing every year. The demographics of our community are changing, as are the needs of our community. We have more seniors, more immigrants, more families in need. Each year Waukee Community School District is given a different list of requested items.
In addition to the items needed by the food bank, we are also asking for drivers to pick up donations at the schools and unload boxes at the collection site. If you are interested in helping, please contact Rebecca Nehls at email@example.com.
Donations can be dropped off at any of the Waukee school building locations. Monetary donation are always welcomed, as the food bank can stretch those dollars much further than we can in the stores. You can make monetary donations by writing a check to the Waukee Area Christian Food Pantry or by clicking on this link and donating on line.
The list of items asked for by each school are:
- Shuler Elementary – Healthy Snacks – raisins, pretzels, popcorn, granola bars, snack crackers
- Waukee Elementary – Whole Grains – brown rice, muffin mix, pasta
- Walnut Hills Elementary – Meals in a Can – stew, sloppy joe, chili, soup, ravioli, canned tuna or chicken
- Eason Elementary – Breakfast – low sugar cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix & syrup, peanut butter
- Brookview Elementary – Fruit – canned fruit packed in juice, dried fruits, fruit cups, 100% juice
- Maple Grove Elementary – Baby Needs – diapers (size 4 & up), baby food (all stages), formula, baby wipes
- Woodland Hills Elementary – Vegetables – canned vegetables, vegetable soup, tomato products, spaghetti sauce, V-8 juice
- Waukee Middle School – Oils & Condiments – vegetable oil, salad dressings, syrup, jelly & jam, sugar, mayonnaise, flour
- South Middle School – Starches – macaroni & cheese, hamburger & tuna helper, spaghetti, boxed potatoes
- Prairieview – Protein – canned tuna & chicken, beans, peanut butter, nuts
- Timberline – Personal Care – shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, toilet paper, tissue
- High School – Soap Products – hand soap (bar/liquid), laundry, dish detergent, cleaning
- Grant Ragan – Birthday Bags – Any birthday party supplies (cake mix, frosting, icing, sprinkles, disposable cake pans, cupcake cups, candles, party supplies)
- District Office – Peanut butter, granola bars, canned foods, personal care items