- To recruit, develop and retain a highly qualified and diverse workforce.
- To foster an environment that promotes professional development and continuous improvement.
- To allocate human resources in a manner which makes the greatest contribution to the instructional program and student achievement.
- To affirm the district’s commitment that all employment and employment related decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity.
- To promote and support a professional work environment where employees are valued and respected for their efforts.
- To utilize limited financial resources efficiently to provide competitive compensation and benefits.
- To promote a productive work environment by interpreting district policies, procedures, and practices for all employees; assuring compliance with employment laws and governmental regulations; and seeking strategic employer-employee solutions through leadership in a collaborative environment.
Human Resources will be a strategic partner in fulfilling the district’s mission, employing best practices and innovative strategies to make Waukee Community School District an employer of choice.
Our Core Values
- Continuous Improvement
- Professional Development
- Service Orientation
Equity Policy Statement/Affirmative Action Policy
It is the policy of the Waukee Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), genetic information (for employment), sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs, activities and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy, please contact the District’s Equity Coordinator, Mr. Terry Welker, Director of Human Resources, 560 SE University Avenue, Waukee, IA 50263. Phone number: 515-987-5161. Email: email@example.com; or to the Director of the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Des Moines, Iowa; or to the Director of Region VII Office of Civil Rights, Department of Education, Chicago, Illinois. The Waukee Community School District complaint procedure in its entirety is located in the Board of Director’s Policy Manual. Procedures for staff are outlined in Board Policy 502.9 and 1003.3. Copies of the Policy Manual are located on the District’s website: http://tinyurl.com/dx4c6bx.