The Waukee Schools Foundation was formed in 1996.
- To support the Waukee Community School District by building an endowment to fund college scholarships for Waukee graduates.
- To provide professional development assistance for the Waukee School faculty and staff, and development, procurement and enhancement of programs and facilities.
- To provide a focal point for alumni, students, and friends of Waukee Community Schools seeking to enhance the educational and community services available in our district.
- To provide the opportunity to make tax-deductible contributions, memorial gifts, and other donations in recognition and support of the Waukee Community Schools.
- To promote and support the educational programs of the Waukee Community Schools in their pursuit of excellence.
Foundation Gala Dinner & Auction
The Waukee Community School Foundation’s primary fundraiser is an annual dinner and auction. Since the Foundation’s inception in 1996, this relaxed, fun event has raised $20,000 upwards to $55,000 annually. The evening begins with a social hour and bidding on dozens of items donated by local businesses and individuals for the silent auction, with a spirited live auction following dinner. More than 400 community members attend this event each year.
Since its inception in 1996, the Foundation has contributed more than $325,000 at the district and building levels. Applicants should email completed grant applications to WaukeeSchoolGrants@gmail.com and cc the building principal in the email.
Waukee Foundation Board Members
|Cindi McDonald||Deb Bell||Kerri Smith|
|Bridget Fryar, President||Becky Bussanmas||Joe Milnes|
|Will Petersen, Vice President||Wendy Liskey||Alexis Slade|
|Tony Rogers, Yreasurer||Shawn Crouse|
|Michelle Everitt, Secretary||Marcus Jensen|
|Pat Nehls||Mark Wiltse|