Looking ahead to the new school year
As we look ahead to the 2011-12 school year, there are a lot of exciting things in store. We are enjoying continuing high growth in the number of students that we serve, ever increasing academic performance standards and expectations and new facilities to support our growth. Here’s what lies ahead in the upcoming year!
- We will welcome our largest class of students to date – with 660 kindergarteners registered for classes!
- We expect to set an enrollment record for the 19th consecutive year, with a total PK-12 enrollment of nearly 7,000 students.
- We are raising academic standards and expectations, with 10% of our 5th graders taking Pre-Algebra.
- We will complete construction of the final additions to Waukee High School in July of 2012.
- We will break ground on two new school buildings in the spring of 2012: a new elementary at 95th Street and Stage Coach Drive in West Des Moines, and an 8th/9th building at L.A. Grant Parkway and Ashworth Drive in Waukee.
We encourage you to be involved in the life of our schools! There are many volunteer opportunities at the school and district level where you can get integrated. We appreciate the trust that you place in us as we educate the students that will create a brighter future for all of us.