MGE Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures – Part II!
[9/26/12] I received some great feedback from several parents and staff this week and want to highlight a couple additional items that will hopefully ease some early morning drop-off frustration and/or after school pick-up anxiety.
- Parents pulling along the curb to drop off their children, must remain in their vehicles. If you need to assist getting your child out of the vehicle, we ask you park in the lot and walk them to the front sidewalk. Getting out of the vehicle slows the line down immensely!
- During drop-off (and pick-up), please pull all the way down the side walk to the north end of the drop-off lane. Student can get out and walk along the sidewalk. Pulling all the way down allows 5-7 more vehicles to drop-off or pick-up at the same time. The adjusted map can be found here.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up Procedures!
One of our most frequently asked questions is, “How do I drop off and pick up my child?” Hopefully the information and building map below will answer your questions! As the year begins, we just ask that you be patient with us, each other and our students! Our students safety is our primary focus so please know that the first week or so may take a bit longer than desired. Once parents, students and staff have the process figured out, it becomes a pretty smooth process!
- Start with our map. Click here for the Pick-Up/Drop-Off map and procedures.
- Students should not be dropped off prior to 8:35 a.m. unless the student(s) are eating breakfast at Maple Grove.
- Parents should pick students up by 3:50 p.m. Students remaining at the pick-up sidewalk at 3:50 p.m. will be brought in to the building and parents will need to enter the building to get their child. Students who are left past 3:50 on a regular basis will be taken to our after school daycare program, Beyond the Bell, and charged appropriately.
- Parents in the drop-off or pick-up
- Parents who want to walk students to the front entrance or pick them up at the door, should park in the parking lot. Please do not walk your child to the classroom or pick them up at the classroom door. After school, please wait outside on the sidewalk or in our front atrium (entrance) if weather is not good!
- We ask that parents not ask to have students be called to the office early unless there is a scheduled appointment. Serving nearly 750 students, our office is a busy place so we appreciate your help!
If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact us! We are happy to serve.