First Grade Learning
First grade students have been focusing on learning Text-to-Text connections. Deep Text-to-Text connections help us understand text, characters and settings between two stories. Here are a few of the learning targets that focused our learning:
- I can understand the story better when I can make connections between texts.
- I can find things that are the same in two different texts on the same topic.
- I can find things that are different in two different texts on the same topic.
- I can find feelings or experiences that are the same in two different texts.
- I can compare and contrast what happens to characters in stories.
Every Day Math
In Ms. Jessica Fraser’s class students have been exploring new math games offered by Everyday Math. They have been practicing team work and the benefits of group work.