High School Extends Term Two
Waukee High School Parent and Student Community:
With school being cancelled on December 20 and 21, Waukee High School has made plans to extend Term Two for two more days after break. Please note the following:
- On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 all Term Two classes will be held from 8-11:06 a.m. Each class will meet for approximately 40 minutes in an effort to provide review and reteaching. Then, during normal block three & four time, students will take their Block #1 & Block #2 finals. So, here is what the schedule will look like for Jan. 2, 2013:
- 8-8:42 a.m.: Block 1
- 8:48-9:30 a.m.: Block 2
- 9:36-10:18 a.m.: Block 3
- 10:24-11:06 a.m.: Block 4
- 11:12 am – 1:14 p.m.: Block 1 Final (lunch schedule TBD)
- 1:20 – 2:50 p.m.: Block 2 Final
- On Thursday, January 3, 2013 Block #3 & #4 finals will be taken during normal block one and two times. Here is what the schedule will look like for Jan.3, 2013:
- 8-9:30 a.m.: Block 3 Final
- 9:36-11:06 a.m.: Block 4 Final
- Students dismissed after their Block 4 Final, no lunch is served. Afternoon busses will run at normal time.
- Term Three will begin on Friday, January 4, 2013.
- Term Three Finals will NOW be on March 11 & 12, 2013.
- Other things to note:
- SENIORS: If seniors were already excused from finals, they would not have to report to those block(s) on January 2 or January 3.
- Waukee High School will be open from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. on December 26, 2012 for students to stop by their locker to pick up study materials.
I appreciate your understanding and patience. Best wishes!
Principal | Waukee High School