WHS Students Earn 13 Awards at CIML Art Show
Congratulations to the students who were invited to enter art in the CIML Art Show on April 10 in Fort Dodge. Waukee High School students brought home 13 best-in-show awards.
It is an honor just to have an entry in this contest. Each school is only allowed to take 25 pieces to the competition and only one or two awards are given for each category. All work entered is original and includes submissions from Waukee, West Des Moines, Ames, Fort Dodge, Marshalltown and Mason City.
A variety of art classes are offered to WHS students. Students in grades 9-12 have the opportunity to take: Art I, Art II, Drawing, Painting, Jewelry, Sculpture, Ceramics, Textiles, Graphic Design, Photography and Advanced Workshop. Dedicated teaching staff work with students to teach and improve their artistic abilities and techniques.
2013 CIML Art Show Awards:
- Painting: Kyla Peterson, Grade 12
- Watercolor: Thi Nguyen, Grade 12
- Pastel: Shannon Deatrick, Grade 10
- Charcoal: Alyssa Hewitt, Grade 11
- Mixed Media: Reade Spivey, Grade 10
- Computer-Generated Art: Cassidy Campbell, Grade 11
- Crafts: Kyla Peterson, Grade 12
- Sculpture: Ayla Gooden, Grade 10
- Jewelry: Jake Schmitt, Grade 11
- Digital Photography: Paige Amdahl, Grade 12
- Digital Photography: Amanda Gortner, Grade 12
- Design: Alyssa Hewitt, Grade 11
- 9th Grade 3D: Kole Fogo, Grade 9
Waukee 9-12 Art Department Staff:
- Nathan Bailey
- Sarah Michaelsen
- Paula Tomlinson
- Shelly Carlson
- Nick Hasty