Waukee Foundation Scholarships Annual Food Drive
The kick-off for the Waukee Foundation Scholarships Annual Food Drive will be November 1. Each year, food collected from the drive is donated to the Waukee Food Pantry. Families will have until November 22 to bring their donations to their school. Every year the students of the Waukee School District are great contributors and supporters of this program for the Waukee Food Pantry. Last year this drive raised more than 8,800 lbs. of good and more $3,200 in cash! This year the Waukee Foundation Scholarships is striving to beat those numbers.
The pantry’s mission is to provide non-perishable food and personal items to meet short term needs to those living in the Waukee School District. Food and personal items are distributed to families in need based on availability and family size. This is a district-wide effort to support a great cause. To help meet the goal, Waukee Foundation Scholarships has divided the pantry’s needs by school:
- Shuler Elementary- canned fruit, snacks, rice/pasta sides
- Waukee Elementary/Vince Meyer-cereal, oatmeal, pancake mix, syrup
- Walnut Hills Elementary-canned meat (tuna/chicken), beans, canned peas, carrots, and spinach
- Eason Elementary- Peanut butter, jelly, drinks (juice)
- Brookview Elementary- Baking items, jello, pudding, crackers
- Maple Grove Elementary- pizza mix/sauce, pasta, pasta sauce
- Woodland Hills Elementary-diapers (size 4 and up), baby wipes, boxed meals (helper meals)
- Waukee Middle School- Personal Care items-shampoo, body soap, toothpaste, TP, deodorant
- South Middle School- cleaning products, laundry soap, and diapers (size 4 and up)
- Prairieview-Canned meals, soup
- High School- Boxed (helper) meals, boxed potatoes, boxed stuffing)
COLLECTION AND MOVING GOODS
All items will be picked up from the schools on Friday, November 22.