Big Wins for Waukee FCCLA at State Conference
Waukee High School members of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) attended and competed in the Iowa FCCLA State Leadership Conference held March 24-25. Waukee FCCLA placed Gold in three events. Those will advance to National Leadership Conference in San Antonio, TX held July 6-10.
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a national Career and Technical Student Organization that provides personal growth, leadership development and career preparation opportunities for students in Family and Consumer Sciences education. The State Leadership Conference is an opportunity for Iowa FCCLA members to celebrate the past year of hard work on various projects as well as develop their leadership skills with members from around the state. The 2013-2014 yearlong theme was ‘Treasure the Past, Transform the Future’. Outstanding leadership was demonstrated through participation in STAR Events, National Programs and Peer Education.
2014 Waukee FCCLA Accomplishments:
- Lexi Ridout finished her State Officer term as First Vice President
- Susie Lupkes elected to serve as the First Vice President of Financial Fitness
- Waukee FCCLA – Gold Honor Chapter Award
- State Champions who received Gold will advance to nationals in San Antonio, TX July 6-10
- Kate Closson and Analese Hauber, Gold – Chapter Service Project Display
- Sydney Papadopolous-Franklin, Gold – Live Planning Event
- Zoey Sternquist, Runner-up – Live Planning Event
- Susie Lupkes and Malia Griffin, Gold – Illustrated Talk
- Beth Sebben and Melisa Mehodovic, Silver – Food Innovations
- Lindsay Greifzu, Jessica Havel, and Mackenzie Montross, Silver – Culinary Arts
- Breanna Loya, Brooke Essy, and Morgan Wierschke, Silver – Culinary Arts