Nutrition Department Revamps School Lunches
This year look for some exciting changes from the Waukee Community School District Nutrition Department. They have been working hard to better meet the needs of our students while continuing to serve quality healthy meals.
What’s New at Elementary Schools?
Revamped Lunch Lines, new options and old favorites with a new twist. Students will now have several options to choose from daily:
- Main entrée
- Kydz-able – fruit, yogurt, cheese, crackers and vegetables
- Sun- butter and jelly sandwich, peanut free option made with sunflower seeds
- Turkey or Ham on Pepperidge Farms Goldfish® shaped whole grain bread.
- New Deluxe Salad Bar – Make your own with Romaine lettuce, choice of ham, turkey, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and eggs, with assorted vegetables and fresh fruit.
What’s New Secondary Schools ?
- New Bars – Bistro- traditional entrees
- Snack Shack – variety of pizzas and chicken products daily
- Grill line with Hamburger, cheeseburger and chicken sandwiches offered daily.
Did you know our nutrition department caters classroom treats?
We know you’re busy so let our nutrition department help you take care of your child on their birthday or any special occasion. Simply click the link below and order fresh baked cookies, frosted cupcakes, fresh fruit cups, or individually wrapped snacks, safely from our “peanut aware” kitchens. Orders may be placed via RevTrak – Classroom Treats. To place an order click here.
2014-15 Nutrition Prices