Construction Update – September 2014
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Ceramic tile installation is underway in pod areas is ongoing.
- Casework in Science rooms is mostly complete.
- Ceiling grid installation is mostly complete with light fixtures set (Academic Wing).
- Sheetrock installation is mostly complete.
- Gym equipment has been installed (Gym, Band, Vocal, Ind. Tech and Wee Warriors).
- Final grading and seeding is underway.
At the June 9 Board of Education meeting the name Grant Ragan Elementary School was approved. The name is derived from two men who some consider to be the “founding fathers” of Waukee. General Lewis Addison Grant and Major William Ragan bought the land that would become Waukee on April 30, 1869.
- Site work is ongoing with underground utilities being installed as weather permits.
- June 2016 – project completion
Waukee CAPS Facility
Waukee CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. WaukeeCAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here.
- After a couple of weeks on their satellite locations the Waukee CAPS teachers have provided Invision with great information and spaces are starting to take shape.
- Toured Monsanto on 8/21, some mobile lab spaces.
- Looking forward to Pioneer tour on 9/12.
Eason Elementary HVAC Upgrade
- Project is mostly complete.
- Screening material left to install around mechanical equipment on roof, should be complete by the end of next week.
Woodland Hills Elementary School – 1120 S 95th Street, West Des Moines, IA 50266-9020
- Working to complete the exterior.