November Construction Update
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Ceramic tile, carpet, paint and ceilings are mostly complete.
- Appliances are being installed in FCS labs.
- Door and associated hardware are mostly complete.
- (Academic Wing) Painting, ceilings, and casework are all on-going in this part of the building.
- Locker installation in locker rooms is on-going.
- (Commons, Gym, Band, Vocal, Ind. Tech and Wee Warriors). Site work is mostly complete. Goal posts and track surface have been installed.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Site utilities are complete from street to building.
- Footings for exterior walls are mostly complete with the associated masonry for exterior walls between 50 – 66% complete.
- Plumbers and electricians are on site to start their respective rough-ins.
- MidAmerican Energy is providing power to the site at no cost to the District!
Waukee CAPS Facility
Waukee CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Design work continues with a focus on mechanical and electrical systems.
- Second meeting with the Weidt Group was held this week, we can complete this process once the mechanical system has been identified, that should happen in the next 30 days.
- Working with FRK and Bishop Engineering on site layout. Once that has been decided we will begin meeting with the City to map out a timeline for land swap and associated approvals.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade
- Work continues on the main entrance remodel. We have agreed on a design and are now working on colors and finishes.
Eason Elementary HVAC Upgrade
- Project is complete!