2015-16 Kindergarten Enrollment Q&A Session
Waukee Community School District is hosting an optional 2015-16 Kindergarten Enrollment Q&A Session at District Office on February 16 from 4:30-8 p.m. Waukee District Office is located at 560 SE University Ave., across the street from Waukee High School.
This is an optional drop-in session for “parents only” designed to help families understand and complete the enrollment process. Staff from Enrollment Services and before and after-school care programs, Beyond the Bell and YMCA, will be available to answer questions. Parents from all of the elementary schools will also have the opportunity to speak with a building principal.
Building Principal Shifts:
4:30- 5:30 p.m. – Shuler, Karen Allison • Brookview, Terry Hurlburt
- 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Woodland Hills, Scott Shumaker • Waukee, Nicole Tjaden • Eason, Peg Erke
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. – Walnut Hills, Lyndsay Marron • Maple Grove, Kim Tierney
Once you have completed the registration process, your school will contact you with more information about the summer kindergarten event for students and families. This event will give you and your child the opportunity to meet other kindergarteners and some of the teaching staff at your elementary school.
Kindergarten Information Evenings
- Brookview – May 2 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Eason – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Grant Ragan – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Maple Grove – April 25 from 5:15 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Shuler – April 18 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Walnut Hills – May 1 from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Waukee Elementary – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Woodland Hills – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
A boundary map to determine which attendance center your child will attend can be located here. For any questions regarding attendance centers please call 987-2706.
For more information about required documents and the enrollment process click here.