Construction Update – February 2015
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Continuing to work on punchlist items and complete final inspections.
- Kitchen equipment installation is mostly complete and training with Food Service staff has been scheduled.
- All other areas are mostly complete with the exception of the gym, wrestling room and fitness center, these are scheduled for completion sometime in March.
- (Action Item) – Approve Change Order #4 – $22,904.59 (add), 5 items – combination of plan omissions, city requirements and owner requests.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Some exterior masonry work is taking place as weather permits.
- Some roofing is being installed.
- Tentatively planning to remobilize all relative subs on or about March 16.
- Committee reviewed the revised contract from Shive-Hattery for building commissioning services required by the new energy code adopted by the City of Waukee and the State of Iowa.
Waukee CAPS Facility
Waukee CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Construction documents have been completed and are available to any interested contractors effective 2/5/15.
- Bid date is scheduled for 3/5/15.
- Site changes requested by the City have been completed.
- Follow-up meeting with them will happen in the next few weeks that will focus on the land swap and associated approvals.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade
- Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration – work to begin on or about June 1.
Eason Elementary Re-roof
- Bid opening took place on 1/29/15.
- Board will be asked to approve lowest responsible bidder, North Cedar Service Company at the 2/9/15 meeting.