Construction Update: April 2015
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Substantial Completion date for the building was set on 3/31 and we have a Temporary C of O from the City.
- A separate date will be set for the exterior site work including all landscaping areas.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior masonry and roofing installation are ongoing.
- West ½ of west parking lot has been poured.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing.
Waukee CAPS Facility
Waukee CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Grubbing of the undesirable trees has started along with excavation for the detention area in the southwest corner of the site.
- Meeting to be held with the City and Ahlers to work through the legal details of the land swap.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration – work to begin on or about June 1.
- Working on selection of new furnishings for the office area.
High School – CCTV
- Meeting with Shive and WHS Bldg. Administration to finalize Phase 1 camera locations.
Second High School
- Meeting with landowners and City of Waukee officials on Friday, 4/10 to discuss locations and possible timelines for purchase.