Construction Update: May 2015
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- All exterior areas have been ‘punched’, fairly extensive list of issues.
- First round of furniture has been ordered; most of the classroom pieces will be here by the end of the month.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior block walls are approx. 80% complete with exterior brick at 60%.
- Roofing installation is approx. 50% with interior floor slab pouring at approx.. 30% complete.
- Ductwork installation is underway.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway to begin at the end of the month.
- Connection to permanent power has been provided to the building.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing.
Waukee CAPS Facility
Waukee CAPS stands for the Center for Advanced Professional Studies and will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee CAPS is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee CAPS will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Site excavation has been in full swing since last meeting.
- Building pad has been established with foundation getting started.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Meetings held with the City and Ahlers to work through the legal details of the land swap.
- Dates have been set for necessary action items for both the Board of Education and City Council.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration – work to begin on or about June 1.
- Selection of new furnishings for the office area complete.
- Pre Con meeting took place on 4/22 with Shive-Hattery and the G.C. – Northern Cedar Service.
- Discussed schedule and walked the site to coordinate staging of materials and maintaining access for Live Y’ers.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- Continuing to work with Oakview/DCK and our consultants to identify outstanding issues with remaining site work.
- Re-grading and seeding to take place this spring.
- Three remaining claims left to settle, approx. $252,000.
- Action Item – Approve Change Order #4 – $5,797.00 (deduct), 2 items – delete accent tile and credit for waxing of all VCT tile performed by District employees.
High School – CCTV
- Phase 1 camera locations have been established.
- Currently working with Shive-Hattery to finalize product specification.
Second High School
- Initial meeting held on 4/10 with landowners and City of Waukee officials went well.
- Next meeting held on 5/15, provided landowners with more detailed layouts of proposed streets and possible land use for adjacent property.