Construction Update: June/July 2015
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Some classroom furniture has been delivered and installed.
- Furniture continues to arrive and Rochon is taking care of both interior and exterior punchlist items.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior block walls are approx. 90% complete with exterior brick at 70%.
- Roofing installation is approx. 75% with interior floor slab pouring at approx…50% complete.
- Ductwork installation is on going.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway is still scheduled for the end of the month, weather permitting.
- Interior walls are being framed. MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing and some equipment is being set.
- Exterior block walls are mostly complete with exterior brick at 85%.
- Roofing installation is approx. 90% with interior floor slab pouring at approx.
- 60% complete. Interior walls are being framed and ductwork installation is on going.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing with HVAC equipment being set.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway is approx. 60% complete.
- Approve Change Order #1 – $9,765.00 (add), 6 items – a combination of City/FD requirements/design changes, owner requests and design changes related to structural modifications. (Action Item)
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Site excavation is mostly complete.
- Foundations are being poured as weather permits.
- Approve Change Order #1 – $116,644 (deduct), 3 items – design change and over excavation due to unstable soil and presence of buried ‘treasure’ from farmstead. (Action Item)
- Footings and paving of west parking lot are mostly complete.
- Underground utilities and under-slab rough-ins are on-going.
- Foundation walls started on 6/30/15.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Continuing to work with Ahlers on language for the exchange agreement and working with Durham to finalize design of building.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Demo work is in full swing.
- Furniture selection has been finalized.
- Continuing design work with frk, next meeting will involve MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) consultant to start finalizing infrastructure.
- Continuing to work with the City and Ahlers on sharing agreement.
- Materials are arriving on site.
- Appropriate progress is being made as weather permits.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- It appears all outstanding claims have been settled, waiting on one final release letter.
- Oakview/dck has filed for retainage release, Bishop has updated the exterior punchlist and based on their recommendation we will be withholding $122,000 from the next pay app to cover the cost of the outstanding work.
High School – CCTV
- Meeting with Shive-Hattery next week to finalize product specification.
- Coordination meeting with Shive-Hattery took place on 7/1/15.
- Tentative schedule for Phase 1 of the project has been developed along with an RFQ and Specifications document, once finalized will send to Ahlers for review.
Second High School
- More progress made with landowners and City of Waukee officials on 5/15.
- Next meeting scheduled for 6/17.
- Continuing to move forward with the City and landowners, next meeting scheduled for 7/14.