Construction Update: August 2015
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Most of the classroom related furniture has been installed.
- Still waiting on office furniture and soft seating to arrive.
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exteriory masonry including exterior brick is mostly complete.
- Roofing installation is mostly complete as well.
- Interior floor slabs are approx. 75% complete.
- Interior wall framing is on-going. MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing with ductwork and HVAC equipment being installed.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway is approx. 75% complete.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Grading for east parking lot is underway.
- Underground utilities, under-slab rough-ins and foundation walls are approx. 80% complete.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Continuing design work with frk, next meeting will involve MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) consultant to start finalizing infrastructure.
- Continuing to work with the City and Ahlers on sharing agreement.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Ductwork and piping are approximately 90% complete.
- Final cleaning in north classroom wing to start on Monday, 8/10.
- Interior finishes are in-progress in the office area and art room.
- Progress continues as weather permits, work is appropriately 75% complete.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- Close out is contingent on Oakview/dck finishing all exterior site-work and landscaping.
- District is withholding $122,000 to cover the cost of the outstanding work.
High School – CCTV
- Continuing work on schedule for Phase 1 and finalize documents for the RFQ and Specifications, once finalized I will send to Ahlers for review.
Second High School
- Meetings continue with the City and their civil engineering consultant (Foth) and Matt Carlisle with Confluence.
- Street alignment and water retention are the primary details being worked out.
- Next meeting with the City and landowners is scheduled for 8/20.