Construction Update September 2015
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior metal panel installation is underway.
- Interior floor slabs are approx. 85% complete.
- Interior wall framing is on-going along with drywall installation.
- Interior painting to start this week along with setting cabinets.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing along with ductwork and HVAC equipment installation.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway is approx. 90% complete.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Parking lot paving is approx. 85% complete.
- Structural steel erection is underway with all exterior metal panels on-site
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Continuing design work with FRK, next meeting will involve MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) consultant to start finalizing infrastructure.
- Continuing to work with the City and Ahlers on sharing agreement.
Second High School
- Met with the City and landowners on 8/20, meeting went well and it appeared we were getting close to scheduling appraisals.
- Follow-up meeting held on 9/2 with one of the family’s requesting changes.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Project is mostly complete.
- All new furniture has been installed and contractors are working through outstanding punch-list items.
High School – CCTV
- Ahlers has reviewed both the RFQ and Specification documents, Shive is making necessary changes and resubmitting.
- Work is approximately 95% complete. Punch-list items to be completed next week.
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Building furniture is mostly complete.
- Working with Rochon and FRK to set a date for final acceptance.