Homecoming 2015 Dates to Remember
Homecoming Week September 21-26
- September 14– Voting for Court
- Senior will vote to determine Homecoming Court 2015 during Advisory at the high school on September 14.
- 2015 Homecoming Candidates:
- Queen Candidates (L-R): Kaitlyn Keirsey, Jane Azinger, Hallie Johnson, Hannah Ingle, Grace Tobin, Sara Wadle
- King Candidates: Ian Coon, Herve Twagirumukiza, Cameron Green, Walker McDonald, Devonte Chism, Adam Rose
- September 21– Vote for Homecoming King and Queen
- All WHS students will vote for Homecoming King and Queen in Advisory on September 21.
- September 21-25 – Homecoming Week Dress Up Days
- Monday: We Go Together Day (twinning/groups IE: the spanish department was the Scooby Doo crew last year)
- Tuesday: Beach Day
- Wednesday: USA Day
- Thursday: -ER Day
- Friday: Spirit Day
- September 24 – Homecoming Parade
- Parade route will be that same as all Waukee parades (Staging at Vince Meyer parking lot and ending at Waukee Stadium).
- Homecoming parade will begin at 6:00 p.m.
- All parade participants must be at the Vince Meyer Learning Center by 5:30 p.m.
- Powderpuff football games follow coronation.
- September 24 – Coronation
- Coronation 7:00 p.m. after the parade at Waukee Stadium- weather permitting. Waukee Field House will be the site if it rains.
- Congratulations to Homecoming King Adam Rose and Queen Sara Wadle.
- Adam Rose is the son of Eric and Susan Rose. Adam is an honor student, a member of the National Honor Society, and an academic letter winner. Eric is a letter winner in football, basketball, and track. He is a member of the recognition leadership council, and the Waukee mentor program. Adam is undecided about his post high school plans, but he does say that his favorite thing about WHS is the excellence of its students and staff!
- Sara Wadle is the daughter of Gary and Brenda Wadle. Sara is an honor student, an academic letter winner, and a member of the National Honor Society. She has been a member of the tennis team throughout high school, and she is a member of student council. Sara has also participated in RAK and NCYL. Her future plans are to attend college and study education. Her favorite things about WHS are all the smiling faces who make each day a bit easier!
- September 25 – Football Game
Waukee vs. Marshalltown – Game starts at 7:30.
Court and King and Queen introduced at game.
- September 26 – Homecoming Dance
- Dance Saturday from 8-11 p.m. in the west gym at the high school. Admission $10 per student. Only WHS students in grades 10-12 may attend or bring guests. No one in grade 9 or lower will be admitted and no one older than 20 will be admitted as per past practice. All attendees must show an ID at the door. Dress is semi-formal.