October Construction Update 2015
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior metal panel installation is approx. 50% complete.
- Interior floor slabs are approx. 95% complete.
- Interior wall framing, drywall installation, painting and cabinet installation are all on-going.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing along with ductwork and HVAC equipment installation.
- Final grading of site is mostly complete and some areas have been seeded.
- Paving of Douglas Parkway is approx. 95% complete.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Parking lot paving is mostly complete.
- Structural steel erection is on-going as is rough-in for under-slab utilities.
- Board will be asked to Approve Electrical Easement – needed to provide electrical service to the building.
- (Action Item) Board will be asked to Approve Change Order #2 – $38,897.71 (add), 5 items – a combination of owner requests, plan omissions and design changes.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Met with frk, Bishop Engineering and KCL (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing consultant) to continue design work.
- Needed information has been provided to continue work with the City and Ahlers on the sharing agreement.
- Still planning to bid project in late January or early February.
Second High School
- District continues to work with City and landowners.
High School – CCTV
- RFQ document has been approved by Ahlers and will be advertised in the Dallas County News on 10/8/15.
- Timeline for this project has been determined with work scheduled to commence in the Spring of 2016.
High School – Additional Parking
- Identified two possible locations for additional parking.
- One site is along Park Rd. where students are currently parking and the other is located at the east most practice field north of the High School and west of Prairieview. Preliminary site plans and cost estimates were provided to the committee.
Brookview HVAC Upgrade/Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Board will be asked to Approve Change Order #1 – $20,361.00 (add), 8 items – a combination of owner and Fire Dept. requests along with design changes. (Action Item). Approve Substantial Completion – only a few remaining punch-list items to complete, planning to bring Final Acceptance of the project to the Board in the next 30 days. (Action Item)
- Board will be asked to Approve Substantial Completion – only a few remaining punch-list items to complete, planning to bring Final Acceptance of the project to the Board in the next 30 days. (Action Item)
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
The design process for school buildings consists of three (3) stages of development. (1) Schematic Design (2) Design Development and (3) Construction Documents. The estimated cost for this project is approximately $25 million and will be paid for using SILO funds. Firmer cost estimates will be provided as we continue to move through the planning phase. The work is slated for a July 2015 completion date.
- Met with Tom Wollan with frk on 10/7 and performed walk-thru of all outstanding punch-list items.
- Goal to bring Final Acceptance of the project to the Board in the next 60 days.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- Board will be asked to Approve Substantial Completion – this action would typically have taken place sooner but all relative paper work was lost by Oakview/dck, needed to be re-created and signed by all relevant parties. (Action Item)