Construction Update: April 2016
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Kitchen equipment installation on-going.
- Classroom finishes continue throughout the building.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) work is typically confined to the mechanical rooms and the kitchen.
- Exterior building work is mostly complete with the exception of the Trespa panels at the entries.
- Final site-work/landscaping is taking place as weather permits.
- Substantial Completion has been scheduled for the week of May 16.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Metal panel and window installations are on-going.
- Interior wall framing on 2nd is mostly complete with electrical rough-ins and duct-work installation both ongoing.
- 1st floor concrete slab is approx.. 85% complete with wall framing, electrical rough-ins and ductwork installation underway.
- Roofing installation is mostly complete.
- Approve Change Order #4 – $7,944.03 (add), 1 item – design change do to a coordination issue with the City. (Action Item).
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Pre-construction meeting was scheduled for Friday, April 8 at 1pm.
Second High School
- Nothing new to report this month
High School – CCTV
- Bid date was 4/5 at 2:00.
- Board was asked to approve Johnson Controls as the the low bidder in the amount of $270,398 for Phase 1and $110,630 for Phase 2. (Action Item)
High School – Additional Parking
- Work has begun on a 28E agreement for the construction and use of 39 new parking spots and approximately 40 existing spots at Centennial Park.
Eason – Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Main Entry Reconfiguration – work to begin June 6.
Admin – Main Entry Reconfiguration/Office Remodel
- Preliminary drawing is complete, working on project schedule.
Brookview – Re-roof project
- Bid date is set for Thursday, April 21 at 2:00.
- Committee members to convene at 5:45 pm on Monday, April 25 to review bid results prior to regular Board Mtg.
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
- A 573 claim has been filed by a subcontractor so we are hold with closeout.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- No change from last month.