Waukee Community School District Receives U.S. Communities Award
The U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Alliance presented Waukee Community School District with the U.S. Communities Award at the July 11 board meeting. This distinguished honor recognizes U.S. Communities participating agencies for their efforts at saving taxpayer dollars through participation in the U.S. Communities Government Purchasing Program. Waukee Community Schools is the only Iowa agency that was selected this year.
“The District utilizes co-op purchasing to save time and taxpayer dollars. In a rapidly growing District, we strive to stretch every dollar to the max. U.S. Communities purchasing program is a great way for the District to ensure that it is getting a high quality product at the best possible price,” said Lora Appenzeller-Miller, Chief Financial Officer for Waukee Community School District.
U.S. Communities was founded in 1996 as a partnership between the Association of School Business Officials, the National Association of Counties, the National League of Cities and the United States Conference of Mayors. U.S. Communities is the leading national cooperative purchasing program, providing world class government procurement resources and solutions to local and state government agencies, school districts (K-12), higher education institutions, and nonprofits looking for the best overall supplier government pricing.
- No User Fees – no costs or fees to participate.
- Best Overall Supplier Government Pricing – by combining the potential cooperative purchasing power of up to 90,000 public agencies, you are able to access the best overall supplier government pricing.
- Quality Brands – thousands of the best brands in a wide variety of categories, services and solutions.
- Integrity and Experience – unlike other government cooperative purchasing organizations, U.S. Communities national government purchasing cooperative is founded by 4 national sponsors and over 90 state, city and regional organizations.
- Oversight by Public Purchasing Professionals – our third party audits on contracts ensure that program pricing commitments are met, with benchmark analyses against other suppliers and retailers to guarantee participants the best overall value.