WE Totem Tales
We have thoroughly enjoyed welcoming you all back for the 2017/18 school year at Waukee Elementary! We have had a great first two weeks of school. Our new assistant principal, Mr. Wendt, and I are very excited about this school year and partnering with you in your child’s education. We have several new staff members and students joining us this year, as well as many returning staff and students.
We’re excited to welcome the following teachers to our W.E. staff: Ms. Sarah Mueller, Kindergarten; Ms. Kelsey McDonald, 5th Grade; Mr. Justin Schmauss, PE; Ms. Meghan Mahoney, Learning Lab; and Mr. Kasey Moon, Art. As you see them in our building please join us in welcoming them to the Waukee Elementary team!
This school year is our fourth year implementing the 7 Habits with students, staff, and families and we are proud to be a Lighthouse Leader in Me school. The Leader in Me provides Waukee Elementary with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development.
Our staff is dedicated to providing a quality education and a caring environment, and we’re proud to have a team of such amazing teachers!
We’re looking forward to a wonderful year!
Nicole Johnson, Principal
- Thank you to everyone who has already turned in donations for our Fun Run. We will collect donations again on Friday, September 15th and 22nd. Please make sure to sign your student up for their free t-shirt and if you are interested please sign up to volunteer.
- Our first PTO meeting will be held this coming Monday, September 11, at 7 pm. Please join us in the media center to learn more about what we do and start planning for another exciting year.
- If you haven’t already, please return your Party Planning and Directory forms to your teacher no later than September 13.
- Save the date for our upcoming Spirit Nights- 4-8pm on September 28th at Saints and October 19th at HyVee.
- For more information please “like” our Waukee Elementary PTO Facebook page.
Raptor Visitor System
We have a new version of the Raptor visitor system and NO previsouly scanned ID’s were saved. As a result, we’d like to start building up our database of visitors again. If you are picking up or dropping off your child during the school day, bring in your Photo ID and ask to get it scanned into our Raptor visitor system. If you are out and about during the school day, you are welcome to stop by the office with your Photo ID to get it scanned. *Please refain from stopping in before 9:00am, and after 3:30pm, as those are already busy times in the office.