Eason Flier 12/1/17
2017-2018 GIVING TREE
We are still accepting Giving Tree gifts through December 15th. Please consider grabbing an “ornament” off the tree and purchasing that item for a neighborhood family who will benefit from it! Teach your students the wonderful warm feeling of generosity!
BOOK FAIR A SUCCESS!
Thank you so much for supporting Eason’s Book Fair! Because of your generosity, the event was a big success. We sold $13,329.60 in books and other merchandise, and all of the profit from those sales will benefit Eason’s Media Center! We raised $90.41 in the All For Books campaign and were able to purchase 33 books to be donated by Drew’s Crew to local organizations. Eason families also supported their children’s teachers by purchasing a lot of books from the Teacher Wish Bins.
A special thank you to the many volunteers who made this event possible:
Carye McCormick, Julayne Sankot, Jennifer Barker, Jodi Opdahl, Renee Schipper, Jennifer Carroll, Kate McLean, Megan Dean, Sarah Swanger, Jen Moore, Brigitte Doleshal, Kenna Seiser, Tara Peterson, Amanda Dyvig, Katie Ward, Kristin Broberg, Abby Snyder, Kari Lengeling, Angie Harrison, Kelly Eagle, Heather Chervenka, Kim Brimeyer, Kristie Reynolds, Jenny Allen, Michelle Eibes, Nicole Devlin, Raneen Schulte, Chris Coffey, Zach Kreiger and Jeff Opsal.
We are also grateful for the help and support of many Eason Staff members: Theresa Forret, Clint Prohaska, Haley Topp , Mary Harlan, and Larry Sime.
Diane Coffey, Nikki Opsal and Brooke Sanders – PTO Book Fair Coordinators
SAVE THE DATE!
Mark your calendars for Eason’s Winter Carnival on Saturday, January 21, 2017 at Prairieview School. The start time is still to be determined, but will most likely be 3:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. This year’s carnival will feature carnival games, a basket raffle, a balloon artist, face painting, and other exciting events! You won’t want to miss it! Watch for more information from the Eason PTO regarding on-line ticket purchasing, volunteer opportunities and basket raffle donations. See you there!
WINTER PARTY TREATS
The Nutrition Department offers peanut-free products for classroom parties. Please use the school website as a resource to place your order. Please do the following to place an order:
1) Give as much advanced notice as possible. We require a minimum 48-hour notice.
2) Orders should be placed online through the district website. Under the “Nutrition” tab, go to “Catering – Classroom Treats,” and you will be able to place the order.
3) If you have questions about any items, or if there are items that you would like to order but they are not on the form, contact the nutrition department at email@example.com.
EASON NIGHT AT THE FIELDHOUSE!
Tuesday, January 16, 2018 will be Eason Night at the Waukee basketball games against Johnston High School at the Waukee High School Fieldhouse! The evening will begin with volunteers from Eason’s chorus singing the National Anthem prior to the girl’s game at approximately 6:15 a.m. At halftime of the girl’s game, Eason students will participate in a fun activity on the court. Eason students get into the game free with a paid adult admission.
THANK YOU FOR CONFERENCE FOOD!
Eason parents were, as usual, very generous and talented as they provided snacks and a meal for the Eason staff during conference week. It was all greatly appreciated! Special thanks to the following contributors:
Rachel Andrews, Elizabeth Ariano, Jennifer Barker, Carissa Beer, Julie Braddock, Kristin Broberg, Gina Campos, Jennifer Carroll, Heather Chervenka, Diane Coffey, Liz Craig, Amanda Dyvig, Michelle Eibes, Nicoleq Fitch, Jill Frederick, Karen Goldsworth, Michelle Henderson, Sara Hillis, Kristin Hoskinson, Lori Howe, Sara Jernstad, Alice Kim, Shelly Kopriva, Radhika Kota, Suzy LeGrant, Kari Lengeling, Sheri Martinez, Carye McCormick, Jessica Mellema, Alyson Morrison, Jodi Opdahl, Nikki Opsal, Laura Mueller, Stacy Pearce, Cambria Penrod, Janalyn Phillips, Kenzie Piper, Gayathri Rajan, Kristie Reynolds, Michelle Rosel, Tara Samples, Renee Schipper, Raneen Schulte, Sanjeeta Shrestha, Allison Sindlinger, Deanna Smith, Shayna Smith, Sarah Swanger, Bengu Tekinalp, Sarah Trosper, Janelle Van Ballegooyen, Katie Ward, Kim Wellet, Jen Wiemers, and Rebecca Wilson.
Dates to Remember
- Dec. 6 Early Dismissal – 1:40 p.m.
- Dec. 7 5th Grade Band & Chorus Concert – Eason Gym 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 14 1st Grade Concerts – Eason Gymnasium: 6:00 p.m. – Mrs. Schweitzberger & Mrs. Johnson’s classes, 7:00 p.m. – Mrs. Schumacher & Mrs. Cooley’s classes
- Dec. 18 – Blanket-Making activity (more info to come)
- Dec. 21 – Winter Parties 2:30 – 3:25 p.m.
- Dec. 22 – Jan. 2 No School – Winter Break
- Jan. 10 – Early Dismissal – 1:40 p.m.
- Jan. 15 – No School
- Jan. 22 – PTO Meeting 7:00 p.m.
- Jan. 24 – Early Dismissal – 1:40 p.m.
- Jan. 27 – Winter Carnival 3:00 – 6:00 p.m. at Prairieview!
- Feb. 1 – Band Solo Night – 4:00 p.m. Eason Art & Music Rooms
- Feb. 5 – 3rd Grade Music Concert – 6:30 p.m. WHS Auditorium
- Feb. 7 – Early Dismissal – 1:40 p.m.
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Paties 2:30 – 3:35 p.m.
- Feb. 19 – 2nd Grade Music Concerts – EE Gym (times tba)
- Feb. 23 – No School – Teacher Work Day
- Mar. 3 – 9 Conferences
- Mar. 7 – Early Dismissal – 1:40 p.m.
- Mar. 12 – 16 – No School/Spring Break