Maple Grove Branch
A Message From Principal Tierney
I have mentioned the following information before, but would like to reiterate as we approach what can be a stressful time of year. I want to make you all aware of a FREE resource that is available to all Waukee staff, students and families.
The district contracts with Employee Family Resources (EFR) to provide anonymous assessment, counseling, and referral sessions. They can help you or your family members through concerns such as anxiety, depression, stress, parenting, grief, coping skills, and more.
EFR provides up to 6 free sessions per issue per year (with the ability to continue longer term services with the same counselor), is 100% confidential, and provides 24-hour access to a licensed mental health professional. EFR can be reached at 1-800-327-4692.
Have a great weekend, and don’t ever be afraid to reach out to me with questions!
2017-2018 Giving Tree Reminder
If you have purchased a gift for The Giving Tree, please return it to Maple Grove by December 15th so we can get them delivered. Thank you for helping us make the holidays a little brighter for our families!
The PTO is going to begin sending short, separate emails with information rather than including it in The Branch. This will help shorten The Branch and hopefully make it easier for families to catch our events. Thank you!
Everyone picking up a student during school hours will now need to show a picture ID. Parent/guardian will need to give notification via email, phone call, or note if anyone other than the parent/guardian is to pick up the student.
Music/Band Concert Dates
- December 12 – 1st Grade Concert, 6:00 pm: Folsom, Holmes, Miller / 7:00 pm: Ollenburg, Turner
- December 21 – 5th Grade Music Assembly, 1:45 pm
- January 4 – 3rd Grade Concert, 6:00 pm
- February 6 – 4th Grade Concert, 6:00 pm
- March 27 – 5th Grade Band/Chorus/General Music Concert, 6:00 pm
- April 12th – 2nd Grade Concert, 6:00 pm: TBD / 7:00 pm: TBD
- May 3rd – Kindergarten Concert, 6:00 pm: TBD / 7:00 pm: TBD