Superintendent Stakeholder Meetings
As previously announced, the Waukee Board of Education has selected the search firm, McPherson & Jacobson, to assist in the recruitment, interview, and selection process of our next superintendent at Waukee Community School District.
We are inviting the public on March 12 from 7-8 p.m. and March 13 from 6-7 p.m. at the Waukee District Office, conference room 102, 560 SE University Avenue.
What they want to know:
- What are the best things about living in the Waukee CSD boundaries?
- What is so great about Waukee CSD?
- What are you looking for in a Waukee CSD Superintendent?
- What do you think a new superintendent would want to know before taking over Waukee CSD
Your input is important as we search and select a new leader in our organization.
Qualities of the next superintendent
- Possesses excellent leadership and visionary skills, with the ability to motivate others to quality performance; has the ability to instill trust and confidence in all aspects of the organization.
- Possesses strong management skills with demonstrated ability in problem-solving, decision-making, and consensus building; has a thorough understanding of educational finance and budget processes and demonstrates the ability to maximize resources and manage expenses.
- Possesses strong personal and professional qualities including: honesty, integrity, and trustworthiness that are the hallmarks of a quality educational leader.
- Has the ability to identify the strengths of others, build upon those strengths, and develop collaborative relationships. A positive team builder with the ability to achieve consensus and create a climate for positive risk-taking.
- Believe that student achievement is the highest priority and demonstrate a passion for learning as a proven instructional leader.
Proposed Search Planning Calendar
- February 25 – Board of Education meeting
- Set calendar
- Identify selection criteria
- Board member contact information
- Identify District Point of Contact (POC)
- Discuss advertising media and dates
- Discuss any additional stakeholder (school/community), groups
- Beginning February – Advertise the Position
- Week of March 11 – Stakeholder group meetings with McPherson & Jacobson
- March 25 – Board of Education meeting
- Report on Stakeholder Meetings
- Select interview questions
- Determine interview procedures
- March 28 – Closing date for applications
- April 15 – Board of Education meeting
- Meet with stakeholder group chairs
- Review candidates
- Select finalists
- Review interview questions
- Finalize Candidate Daily Interview Schedule
- Week of April 22 – Interviews
Qualities of the Next Superintendent PDF
Thank you for your support of Waukee Community School District. We will continue to post updates about the Superintendent Search Process on our website.