Walnut Hills Elementary
- Differentiation of instruction is necessary in order for students to grow and progress.
- Behavior is not included in the proficiency indicator and will be reported separately.
- Extra credit will not be given at any time.
- Retakes and Revisions will be allowed at teacher discretion. Students will be allowed multiple opportunities to show mastery in various ways.
- Teachers will determine proficiency by considering multiple points of data using the most recent data and provide evidence to support their determination.
- Independent practice will be meaningful, purposeful, of high quality and aligned with objectives. Students will have multiple opportunities for practice before the objectives are assessed for a proficiency score.
- Students are expected to complete all assigned work. Teachers will allow students opportunities to complete work with no consequence to the proficiency indicator.
Standards-based progress reports will be used to document ongoing progress and proficiency levels of standards specific for each class in 6th grade.
- Exceeds Expectations – Student demonstrates above grade level understanding for the targeted skill or concept.
- Secure – Student can apply the skill or concept correctly and independently.
- Developing – Student shows some understanding. Reminders, hints, and suggestions are needed to promote understanding to become secure.
- Beginning – Student shows little understanding of the concept. Additional teacher support is needed to become secure.
- N: Needs Continuous Teacher Support – Student does not show any understanding of the concept or skill. Full teacher support is needed.
- ID: Insufficient Data
- –: Not Assessed – The standard was not assessed during the reporting term.