Proof of Residency

If you are a homeowner, you may obtain property owner information from Dallas County at or provide either of the following:

  • A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill with the section, block and lot number
  • A copy of a recent mortgage statement

The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student being registered.

If you have recently closed on a new home, you need to provide one of the following:

  • A copy of the settlement statement from closing
  • A copy of the warranty deed

If you are a renter, you need to provide the following:

  • A copy of your signed lease agreement with the term listed. The agreement MUST contain property owner’s name, address and signature; and name and signature of parent/guardian.

If you rent without a lease (on a month- to-month basis) you need to provide the following:

  • A notarized Landlord Statement, Form ES1

If a sibling currently attends Waukee Schools, you need to include the name of the sibling, grade, and attendance center. This will be sufficient proof of residency.

If you are in need of using a post office box for mailing purposes, you will need to provide a copy of a utility bill that has the post office box on it in addition to the physical address that corresponds to the physical address you provided as acceptable proof of residency.

If you are open enrolled, you will need to bring your Open Enrollment approval letter as proof of your address.

If none of the above “types of residency” describe your current situation, please contact Enrollment Services. (515) 987-2706.

Download the Acceptable Proof of Residency document (PDF)

560 Southeast University Avenue
Waukee, Iowa 50263
Phone 515.987.5161
Fax 515.987.2701