- NEW for 2023-24: Preschool will only be offered for 4-year-old students.
- All preschool classes will take place at the Vince Meyer Learning Center located at:
- 430 Ashworth Drive, Waukee, IA 50263
- Families must live in the Waukee Community School District to be eligible to attend.
- Families will not come to the District Administration Office to register. All applications are completed online.
- 4 days per week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)
- Child must be 4-years-old by Sept. 15, 2023
- Morning 9:00-11:30 a.m. (no longer available) or Afternoon 1:00-3:30 p.m.
- This no cost program is funded through the Statewide Voluntary Preschool Grant, which allows families to attend tuition-free.
Our mission at Waukee Community Preschool is to provide a quality, age-appropriate early childhood education that nurtures every child as an individual, empowers every child as a learner, and celebrates each child’s talents and abilities. Waukee Community Preschool includes special education students 3-5 years old.
Our Daily Activities
- Sensory Time
- Opening (Calendar and Songs)
- Play/Centers Time
- Literacy, Story, Table Activity
- Snack/Bathroom Break
- Recess (Gross Motor)
- All applications are completed online. The application site is now accepting applications!
- For the 2023-24 school year, the number of spots available for 4-year-old students is expanding significantly. Four-years olds will have both AM and PM options. A waiting list is maintained for 4-year-olds.
- As each family completes the online application process, the date and time of each submission will be recorded. 4-year-old spots will be filled based on these stamps. Please note: All requested information must be filled out and criteria met for an application to be considered. Applications with missing or invalid information will not be considered.
- Student Services will begin contacting families the second week of January 2023 to offer placement for the 2023-24 school year and continue as applications are received.
- Contact will only be made to families that will be offered placement in our preschool. We will not contact families that are on the waiting list. In the event spots become available, families will be contacted based on the date and timestamp of their application.
When you are completing the online application, you will need to have the following information available, in addition to personal information such as names, address, phone numbers, doctor’s name and phone number, dentist’s name and phone number, etc:
Supplemental School Health Report
- Does your child have new glasses/lenses?
- Did your child have an illness or accident during the last summer?
- Did your child have any immunizations during the last summer?
- Is your child allergic to any medication, food, bee stings, or environmental allergens?
- Does your child have a medical diagnosis of a chronic health condition such as diabetes, asthma, heart problems, seizures, etc?
- Does your child have any special medical considerations?
- Does your child take medication(s) on a regular basis?
Emergency Contacts (other than Parents/Guardian)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Relationship to Student
- Home Phone (can be the same as the cell phone)
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
Once a placement is offered and accepted, to ensure your space is reserved, families will be allowed three business days to submit the following required documentation to the Vince Meyer Learning Center at 430 Ashworth Drive, Waukee, IA 50263.
- Proof of Residency
- Homeowners will need a copy of the most recently paid property tax bill, a copy of recent mortgage statement, or a print-out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site.
- Renters will need a copy of the lease agreement signed by both tenant and landlord.
- If an offer has been made on a home, a copy of the purchase agreement, as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application will be required.
- If recently closed on a home, a copy of the settlement statement will be required.
- Copy of Immunization Record or Immunization Exemption Certificate