Waukee Community School District Jobs
Choosing Waukee Community School District isn’t just selecting a job — it’s deciding on a career path that’ll shape futures and make an impact in the community. You can find the right fit for your lifestyle with our year-round openings designed for various schedules. Whether your passion lies in teaching, administration, maintenance, child care, nutrition, coaching, directing, or leadership, we’ve got a fulfilling role waiting for you to discover.
Our staff members put their heart into serving students at the highest level in our PK-12 student-centered education system. More than 13,000 students from Clive, Urbandale, Waukee, and West Des Moines, and open-enrolled students from other communities outside our 55-square-mile District boundaries call our schools home. We are an equal-opportunity employer — apply for a job at Waukee CSD today!
available Jobs at Waukee Schools:
- Child care
Job Perks of Working at Waukee CSD
Staff Benefit Offerings
We offer people hired at Waukee CSD a competitive, attractive salary and benefits package.
- We contribute 100% toward a single medical insurance plan and a single detail insurance plan for full-time employees.
- Staff members are enrolled in IPERS, the state’s public employees retirement plan.
- Full-time, certified staff members receive $50 per month for a 403b plan.
- Benefit-eligible employees can participate in a wellness program and earn up to $250.
- Certified staff can take advantage of tuition reimbursement for completion of graduate courses from accredited colleges or universities. The levels of reimbursement vary depending on classification.
Employee Assistant Program
Our District offers a robust Employee Assistance program for staff well-being and work-life balance resources.
- This program is free to staff members and their families.
- Program offerings include text therapy, self-guided digital therapy, in-the-moment phone therapy, short-term counseling, and support groups.
- The program offers a mental health navigator to help staff members determine the next best step in their journey.
Staff Feedback and Communication
Despite having a staff of more than 2,000 people, our leadership team prioritizes listening, rounding, collecting feedback, and communicating.
- Staff can provide feedback on two school-year surveys, which help building-level and District leaders celebrate successes and work on improvements.
- The superintendent visits each building for a listening tour to discuss survey results and help with in-the-moment needs.
- District and building leaders send regular updates to staff members with our communication platform — ParentSquare.
Staff recognition occurs in each building and across our District, including a District-wide nomination program called Making a Difference.
- Dozens of staff members are recognized monthly for Making a Difference. Any staff member can nominate another staff member or student for Making a Difference in big and small ways and living our District’s core values. Then, HR and the superintendent celebrate nominees with a surprise recognition, which is caught on video.