Prairieview is an extraordinary place filled with extraordinary people!
Without question, the staff is committed and determined to provide a learning environment that meets the needs of each student who walks through our doors.
We believe it is important for students to take ownership of their learning. We also believe that we must provide the guidance they need for to be successful.
We also believe that there is great importance in helping our students develop problem-solving skills that will serve them well in this ever-changing world in which we all live. We recognize that it grows increasingly important in this electronic world for students to have the ability to sort information and be able to identify valuable resources not only for their learning but for their daily consumption of information.
Our professional development focuses on the following Guiding Principles:
- Differentiation of instruction and assessment is necessary for students to grow and progress
- Multiple data points are used to determine the summative grade
- Course grades accurately communicate only academic achievement of the standards
- Independent practice is meaningful, purposeful, and tied to standards
- Students are given multiple opportunities to show proficiency through ongoing assessment
We continue to work at establishing essential objectives, creating meaningful assessments as well as providing all learners with materials and instruction that will move their learning forward.
Our students are finding out who they are and who they want to become. It’s an amazing journey and we will do our best to provide them an environment where they can thrive.
Resources & Quick Links
655 SE University Avenue
Waukee, IA 50263
Principal - Juley Murphy-Tiernan
Assistant Principal - Mark Stallman