2017 Kindergarten Enrollment
Your child is entering a school district that prides itself on being student-centered and committed to partnering with parents to ensure a positive school experience for every student.
In kindergarten, the students learn beginning reading, math, language arts, science and social skills. They also learn how to get along with others, have classes in art, music and physical education. They are introduced to the library, have their first opportunity to eat school lunches and perhaps have their first ride on a school bus.
Get involved, volunteer where you can, call or email, ask questions, and learn about your schools. Enjoy being part of your child’s school experience.
If you have a child who will be five years of age on or before September 15 of the current school year, please plan to begin the enrollment process on January 3 by turning in the required paper documents at the same time to Waukee District Office, 560 SE University Ave., Waukee, IA 50263. Additional documents that are not required at the time of registration should be turned to the school.
- January 3 – Begin submitting required paper documents to District Office
- March 6 – Online enrollment portal opens. An email with directions on how to complete the online enrollment process is sent on that day to the first listed address on the cover sheet.
- July 26 – Email message is sent reminding families to turn in the remaining required documents (physical that includes a blood lead test, updated immunization certificate, dental screening form, and vision screening form to your school nurse) and pay fees or complete a free/reduced application and fee waiver.
Kindergarten Information Evenings
- Brookview – May 2 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Eason – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Grant Ragan – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Maple Grove – April 25 from 5:15 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Shuler – April 18 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Walnut Hills – May 1 from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Waukee Elementary – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Woodland Hills – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
Paper copies of proof of residency, proof of birth, a doctor’s office copy of an immunizations record, and a home language survey are required to obtain a SnapCode to complete the enrollment process. Parents/guardians are asked to turn in these copies with the registration cover sheet to the District Office at 560 Southeast University Avenue, Waukee, Iowa 50263 beginning January 3.
Kindergarten parents are asked to turn in a physical that includes a blood lead test, updated immunization certificate, dental screening form, and vision screening form to the school nurse before the first day of school.
- Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 15 of the current year in which school begins.
- Cover Sheet – (PDF)
- Proof of Residency – Kindergarten students must be residents of the Waukee Community School District or file the appropriate paperwork. If a homeowner: copy of your most recently paid property tax bill, copy of recent mortgage statement, or print out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site. If renting: copy of your lease agreement. If you have made an offer on a home: copy of the purchase agreement as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application. If you have recently closed on a home: a copy of the settlement statement. (PDF/Web)
- Proof of Child’s Birth
- A doctor’s office copy of your child’s most recent immunization record – (PDF)
- Home Language Survey – (PDF)
The below listed items are completed during the online process
- Federal Race/Ethnicity Form
- Field Trip Permission Form
- Medical Supplemental Report Form
- Inclement Weather Form
- Student Demographic and Emergency Contact Information
- FERPA (Online)
- Medicine Request Form (Online)
- Transportation Information (Online)
- Before and After Child Care
- Beyond the Bell (Online) – Registration Opens March 6 for 2017-18
- Beyond the Bell child care is available at: Grant Ragan, Maple Grove Elementary, Shuler Elementary, Woodland Hills Elementary and Walnut Hills Elementary
- YMCA Before/After School Care (Online)
- YMCA child care is available at: Waukee Elementary, Brookview and Eason
- Beyond the Bell (Online) – Registration Opens March 6 for 2017-18
- Free and Reduced/Fee Waiver Forms (Online) This cannot be completed until 30 days prior to School.
Other Required Information within 60 days of the child’s first day of school
If you have the below items when registering your child, feel free to turn them in with the other documents. If required forms are NOT turned in at the time of registration please turn them in directly to your child’s school.
- Kindergarten students are required to submit a certificate of health (physical) from a licensed physician.
- Kindergarten students are required to submit a completed certificate of immunization, which is in compliance with the Iowa School immunization law.
- Kindergarten students are required by Iowa law to have a Blood Lead Test.
- Kindergarten students are required by Iowa law to have a Dental Screening.
- Kindergarten students are required to have a Vision Screening.
Beyond the Bell Before & After Care
Beyond the Bell programs are offered for students currently enrolled at these five school sites: Grant Ragan, Maple Grove, Shuler, Walnut Hills and Woodland Hills Elementary.
Our programs provide a safe, fun and positive environment for children. We provide open communication between the staff, parents and schools to ensure that each child’s needs are met on a daily basis.
Staff will be positive role models who will help each child benefit and grow through social interaction. We believe children have positive attitudes when they are in a positive environment. This is achieved through games, activities, crafts and opportunities to socialize.
If you have questions about Beyond the Bell, please contact us:
Andrea Wilmes, Associate Director of Child Care Services 515-987-5161 x4550
Rich Miller, Floating On-Site Supervisor 515-987-5161 x2249
2017/18 Beyond the Bell Enrollment
- Enrollment for the 2017/18 school year will begin for ALL new and current families on Monday, March 6 and will end on Friday, April 28, 2017.
- Starting March 6 families can register online through RevTrak.
- To download more information about Beyond the Bell click here.
Fee Schedule (WEB)
BTB Handbook (PDF)
Department of Human Services Licensing Manual (WEB)
Online Payment Instructions (PDF)
Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
2017/18 Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
Welcome Letter (PDF)
How to Print a Tax Statement (PDF)
YMCA Before & After School Care
YMCA Before and After School Programs are offered for students currently enrolled at these three school sites: Brookview Elementary, Eason Elementary, and Waukee Elementary.
The YMCA’s national character building campaign pledges to incorporate the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility as part of all youth services programming. The YMCA seeks to support and strengthen the family unit, help children develop their fullest potential and present programs and services in a positive YMCA environment of safety, support, and care.
An integral component of the YMCA’s quality programming is staffing. Our staff consists of mature and enthusiastic role models who help us provide a quality, safe, and enjoyable program through games, activities, crafts, and opportunities to socialize.