New Student Enrollment
Our school district contains 12 schools. There are eight elementary schools that house grades K-5, two middle schools that contain grades 6-7, Prairieview School and Timberline School for 8-9 graders and Waukee High School for grades 10-12. The address you reside at determines which elementary and middle school your child will attend. (Address Locator)
To enroll your student into the Waukee Community School District you will need to provide a few pieces of information, complete the following forms and turn into the District Office. The information may be faxed to 515-987-2701, attached to an email or dropped off in person. There is also a dropbox located in the parking lot at the district office. Once received, you will be emailed a link and SnapCode to complete the online enrollment process. If your child has enrolled or attended the Waukee Community Schools previously, please let us know.
Our office is located just south of SE University Avenue and the Waukee High School campus . If your student is in grades 9-12, you will be asked to schedule an appointment with the designated counselor at the school to set up the student’s class schedule. It is best to carry a copy of your secondary student’s schedule and/or grades.
Any questions or concerns regarding academic courses, activities, athletics, clubs, etc can be answered by calling the appropriate school.
Get involved, volunteer where you can, call or email, ask questions and learn about your schools. Enjoy being part of your child’s school experience.
- Cover Sheet – (PDF) – Includes online directions and registration cover sheet.
- Proof of residency (PDF / Web) – If a homeowner: copy of your most recently paid property tax bill, copy of recent mortgage statement, or print out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site. If renting: copy of your lease agreement. If you have made an offer on a home: copy of the purchase agreement as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application. If you have recently closed on a home: a copy of the settlement statement.
- Request for Records – Elementary (PDF)/Secondary (PDF) – required if the child has previously attended school
- Home Language Survey – (PDF)
- Proof of birth – ONLY if your child is an initial kindergarten student or never attended a school.
- Immunization Record – If your child is an initial kindergarten student, new to the United States, or a transfer from outside of the United States, you will need to provide the immunization record at time of registration. If your child has previously attended school, we will request the immunizations from the previous school
- Transcripts – Please carry a copy for 9-12 grade students
- Fees – (PDF) or Free/Reduced Application (Web) and Fee Waiver (Web)
Middle School Elective Forms
- South Middle School – (6th Grade) (7th Grade) (8th Grade)
- Waukee Middle School – (6th Grade) (7th Grade) (8th Grade)
The following information will be collected electronically upon receipt of the required paper documents
- New Student Demographic Data
- Medical Supplemental Report
- Field Trip Permission
- Activity Information
- Inclement Weather – pk-5 students only
- Transportation – Optional
- FERPA – optional
For more information about kindergarten Enrollment click here.
Kindergarten Information Evenings
- Brookview – May 2 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Eason – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Grant Ragan – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Maple Grove – April 25 from 5:15 – 7:00 p.m. in the library
- Shuler – April 18 from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Walnut Hills – May 1 from 6:00 -7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Waukee Elementary – May 1 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
- Woodland Hills – May 8 from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the gymnasium
Beyond the Bell programs are offered for students currently enrolled at these five school sites: Grant Ragan, Maple Grove, Shuler, Walnut Hills and Woodland Hills Elementary.
Our programs provide a safe, fun and positive environment for children. We provide open communication between the staff, parents and schools to ensure that each child’s needs are met on a daily basis.
Staff will be positive role models who will help each child benefit and grow through social interaction. We believe children have positive attitudes when they are in a positive environment. This is achieved through games, activities, crafts and opportunities to socialize.
If you have questions about Beyond the Bell, please contact us:
Andrea Wilmes, Associate Director of Child Care Services 515-987-5161 x4550
Rich Miller, Floating On-Site Supervisor 515-987-5161 x2249
2016-17 Beyond the Bell Enrollment
- Enrollment for the 2016-17 school year will begin for ALL new and current families on Tuesday, March 8 and will end on Friday, April 29, 2016.
- Starting March 8 families can register online through RevTrak.
- To download more information about Beyond the Bell click here.
Fee Schedule (WEB)
BTB Handbook (PDF)
Department of Human Services Licensing Manual (WEB)
Online Payment Instructions (PDF)
Enrollment Instructions (PDF)
Welcome Letter (PDF)
How to Print a Tax Statement (PDF)
YMCA Before & After School Care
YMCA Before and After School Programs are offered for students currently enrolled at these three school sites: Brookview Elementary, Eason Elementary, and Waukee Elementary.
The YMCA’s national character building campaign pledges to incorporate the values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility as part of all youth services programming. The YMCA seeks to support and strengthen the family unit, help children develop their fullest potential and present programs and services in a positive YMCA environment of safety, support, and care.
An integral component of the YMCA’s quality programming is staffing. Our staff consists of mature and enthusiastic role models who help us provide a quality, safe, and enjoyable program through games, activities, crafts, and opportunities to socialize.