Our mission at Waukee Community Preschool is to provide a quality, age-appropriate early childhood education that nurtures every child as an individual, empowers every child as a learner, and celebrates each child’s talents and abilities. The Waukee Community Preschool is designed to be a two-year program; one year for 3-year-olds and a second year for 4-year-olds. Please note that our preschool is made up of a combination of children with disabilities (children served through special education programming) as well as children without identified disabilities.
Our Daily Activities
- Sensory Time
- Opening (Calendar and Songs)
- Play/Centers Time
- Literacy, Story, Table Activity
- Snack/Bathroom Break
- Recess (Gross Motor)
Note: ALL children must be potty trained by the first day of preschool in the fall. Children must be able to request to use the restroom and also be able to use the restroom independently. If the child begins the program and it is determined that he or she is not independent in toileting, the family will need to yield the child’s spot in preschool and the deposit will be forfeited.
Online application for community preschool begins at 10 a.m. on Dec. 5, 2016.
- Families must live in the Waukee Community School District to be eligible to attend.
- To begin an application for Waukee Community Preschool 2017-18 click here.
- Parents will not come to the District Office to register.
Community Preschool Application for 2017-18
3-Year-old Morning Class
4-Year-old Afternoon Class
|4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)||4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday)|
|Child MUST be 3 by Sept. 15, 2017||Child MUST be 4 by Sept. 15, 2017|
|9:00 to 11:30 a.m. $180 monthly||1:00 to 3:30 p.m. $180 monthly|
|(Note: PM program is for children in the year immediately preceding their kindergarten year. Also, due to current 3-year-olds moving to the 4-year-old class in the fall, there will be very few 4-year-old slots.)|
- All applications are completed online. The application site will open promptly at 10:00 A.M. on Monday, December 5, 2016. That morning interested parents should log on to the Waukee Community School District website https://www.waukeeschools.org where there will be a graphic link on the front page of the website.
- Parents will then click on the “here” link at the top of the page. The link will say: To begin the Waukee Community Preschool Application 2017-18 click here.
- As is the case every year, there will be very few 4-year-old (PM) slots since the current 3-year-olds will have the opportunity to roll forward to a PM slot for the fall of 2017. There may be, for example, only six or seven 4-year-old slots for the fall. As for 3-year-old (AM) slots, there may be 25 to 28 slots depending on how many preschool teachers are on staff in the fall.
- As each family completes the online application process, each submission will be electronically date-and-time stamped. Both 3- and 4-year-old slots will be filled based on these stamps. For example, if there are 25 three-year-old slots available, the first 25 complete submissions will be considered for placement. The same system will apply to 4-year-old students. (NOTE: All requested information must be filled out for an application to be considered. Applications with missing information will not be considered.)
- Student Services will notify families beginning the first week of January 2017, confirming they will be offered placement for 2017-18. The first family on the date-and-time stamp list will choose which school their child will attend. As families are called, per the date-and-time stamp order, slots and buildings will be offered accordingly.
- Calls will only be made to families that will be offered placement in one of our preschool sites. Please note: Families not receiving a spot will automatically be placed on a waiting list according to the date-and-time stamp in the event openings should occur at a later date.
- SUMMARY: Families, based on the electronic application process, who will be offered preschool registration beginning in January. Once placement is offered and accepted, three business days are allowed to submit the following to the District Office ensuring the space is reserved:
- Proof of Residency:
- If a homeowner: copy of the most recently paid property tax bill, a copy of recent mortgage statement, or print-out from the Dallas County Assessor’s Site.
- If renting: copy of the lease agreement.
- If an offer has been made on a home: copy of the purchase agreement, as well as a completed Permission to Enroll Out of District Students Application (PDF)
- If recently closed on a home: copy of the settlement statement. Proof of Residency (PDF)
- Proof of Birth – Copy of birth certificate or passport
- Copy of Immunization Record Current health care office Copy of Immunization Record (PDF) or Immunization Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- A $180.00 Non-Refundable Deposit, which will be applied to the first month’s tuition and will be deposited upon acceptance of the preschool slot. Checks should be made out to the Waukee Community School District.
- Proof of Residency:
- REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR APPLICATION: Please know that on Monday, December 5, 2016, when you are completing the online application, you will need to have the following information available, in addition to personal information such as names, address, phone numbers, etc:
- You will first be prompted to either create an Infosnap account OR, if you already have an Infosnap account because you already have a student in the district, you will simply sign into your account by entering your email address and Infosnap password.
- Once you are logged into Infosnap, either by creating an account or logging into your current account, you will want to have the following information available, so you can provide all of the required information:
- Supplemental School Health Report
- Does your child have new glasses/lenses?
- Did your child have an illness or accident during the last summer?
- Did your child have any immunizations during the last summer?
- Is your child allergic to medication, food, bee stings or environmental allergens?
- Does your child have a medical diagnosis of a chronic health condition such as diabetes, asthma, heart problems, seizures, etc?
- Does your child have any special medical considerations?
- Does your child take medication(s) on a regular basis?
- Emergency Contacts (other than Parents/Guardian)
- First Name
- Last Name
- Relationship to Student
- Home Phone (Only one phone number is required below – both may be provided if you’d like. Note: after one phone number is provided the red asterisk will disappear from the other phone number field.)
- Cell Phone
- Work Phone
- Supplemental School Health Report
- Proof of Residency (PDF)
- Current Doctor’s Office Copy of Immunization Record (PDF)
- Immunization Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- Home Language Survey (PDF)
- Preschool Tuition Assistance (Web)