MGE Family University Coming Soon!
January 15, 2013
We are excited to host the Family University learning event this coming Thursday night! Please check out the information below for more details about presenter locations and times. If you have any questions, give us a call at school.
- Pizza, social & visit booths: 5:00-6:00 pm
- Woodland Hills “tour bus” leaves Maple Grove Villa office by 5:00pm (drive by the new Woodhills site and on to MGE)
- Check in children to daycare/sessions beginning at 5:50 pm
- Session 1: 6:00-6:40 pm (Walk-in sign up available)
- Session 2: 6:50-7:30 pm (Walk-in sign up available)
- Bus to Maple Grove Villas leaves from West parking lot at 7:35 pm
Parent Handout (Booth & presenter names and locations)
January 9, 2013
Registration can now be found online (Closed)! In order to have enough materials and pizza for our families, we extended the registration to this Friday, January 11. The registration brochure was sent home with students last week and it can be found below too. It will be easier to register if you review the course descriptions located on the registration brochure. If you have any questions, please email or call.
December 21, 2012
Our brochure is now available! Check out the learning opportunities for parents and activities for students. We will be providing daycare for parents from 6:00 until 7:30 pm if you needed. Online registration will be available on December 27, 2012.
December 10, 2012
Maple Grove Elementary (MGE) is planning a engaging learning and sharing evening in January. We will host the first MGE Family University Night on January 17, 2013. Staff members, community members and local organizations will be hosting mini-workshops (40 minutes) and/or booths for parents and students. Our PTO will be providing dinner and First Student will be giving parents of students heading to Woodland Hills an opportunity to take a “tour bus” to the new elementary and then on to Maple Grove for our event. At the conclusion of our event, First Student will provide rides back to the pick-up location.
Some presenters/booths will include:
- New Woodland Hills principal, Scott Shumaker
- South Middle School staff to answer parent transition questions
- Local city libraries
- A number of MGE teachers and staff members
- ….and many more!
More information will be coming soon. We hope you plan on attending, learning, sharing and meeting new people.
Doug Barry, Principal
Diann Williamson, Assistant Principal
Nicole Baugh, Counselor
Shanlyn Doll, Counselor