Construction Update: January 2016
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Drywall, taping, painting, ceiling and lighting installation are all in various phases throughout the building.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) rough-ins are ongoing along with ductwork and HVAC equipment installation.
- Remaining paving and sidewalk pouring was completed in December due to the mild weather.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Roof deck, exterior steel stud framing and metal panel installation are all ongoing.
- Rough-ins for under-slab utilities are mostly complete with 1st floor slab pouring underway.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- All approvals completed this month.
- Final design work is underway at frk and KCL (mechanical and electrical engineers).
- The 28e, Developers Agreement and Land Exchange documents will all be on the Board agenda for approval Monday night.
- P&Z and City Council presentations for January and/or February.
Second High School
- Site has shifted west limiting the number of families involved which will hopefully speed up the process.
- Working on layouts with the location change.
- Next meeting with families was scheduled for Jan 15.
High School – CCTV
- Work continues on specifications.
- Will involve Mark Toland, Director of Technology at our next meeting to ensure the network side of the project is designed to District standards.
High School – Additional Parking
- Waiting on response from the City regarding the possibility of partnering on additional parking at Centennial Park.
Eason – Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Design work is almost complete.
- Bid date is set for February 3 at 2:00 in the Board Room at District office.
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
- Continuing to work with Rochon on one outstanding item and details of final change order.
- Still holding $61k of retainage.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- No change from last month