Construction Update: March 2016
Elementary #8 – Grant Ragan
A special election was held on February 4, 2014 for the sale of $18.9 million in general obligation bonds to fund construction of a new elementary school at the intersection of Dartmoor and Douglas Parkway in the city of Waukee and HVAC upgrades at Brookview Elementary School. The bond referendum passed with a 92% yes vote. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Locker installation is mostly complete with kitchen equipment installation on-going.
- Classroom finishes are on-going throughout the building.
- MEP (Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing) work is typically confined to the mechanical rooms and the kitchen.
- Gym floor is complete.
- Exterior building work is mostly complete with the exception of the Trespa panels at the entries. Final site-work will begin this week.
Waukee WILC Facility
Waukee Community School District’s Board of Education approved the renaming of its innovative professional learning program (Waukee CAPS) to Waukee Aspiring Professional Experience (APEX). Also naming the new facility the Waukee Innovation and Learning Center (WILC) and labeling the network of K-12, college and business opportunities as the Workforce Innovation Network (WIN) on June 8. Waukee APEX will be a part of the comprehensive educational experience provided for students at Waukee High School. Waukee APEX is not a second high school, trade school or vocational program. Waukee APEX will provide students with the opportunity to deeply explore professions of interest through a problem-based, inquiry learning method. For more information click here. The Waukee Board of Education approved the Waukee CAPS facility schematic design at the October 27, 2014 meeting. The work is slated for a June 2016 completion date.
- Exterior metal stud framing at mostly complete.
- Metal panel and window installation are on-going.
- Interior wall framing, electrical rough-ins and duct-work installation are all ongoing.
- Floor slab pouring is on-going.
- Roofing installation is approx.
- 85% complete.
Bus Facility/Central Receiving
- Bid date was 3/8 at 2:00.
- Board will be asked to approve Henkel Construction as the the low bidder in the amount of $8,453,000. (Action Item)
Second High School
- Work continues between legal counsels on purchasing agreements.
- More information about the location will be released once the agreement has been finalized by the Board.
High School – CCTV
- Bid date is scheduled for April 5 at 2:00.
High School – Additional Parking
- Due to the uncertain future of the gravel lot next to the sand volleyball courts we proposed to the City the District paving a similar sized area along the south side of park road.
- The District would still gain the same amount of spots to be used for student parking during the school day.
Eason – Main Entry Reconfiguration
- Preconstruction meeting took place on 3/9.
- All contractors are on-board and ready to begin work on June 6.
Timberline – 2605 S.E. LA Grant Parkway, Waukee, IA 50263
- Continuing to work with Rochon on closeout.
- Last remaining punch-list item should be completed over spring break.
Woodland Hills Elementary
- One subcontractor has filed a claim against the project so we are unable to close this one out until that has been settled.