The Waukee Community School District Wellness Policy was created in 2006 to promote wellness across the district for students and staff. The policy encompasses nutrition education and promotion, physical activity, staff wellness, food marketing, and nutrition guidelines for all foods sold to students.
Our School Wellness Committee meets in the morning once a month to discuss the policy, potential changes, and how we can continue to improve our efforts across the district. Staff, students, parents, or community members can become members of the School Wellness Committee. If you are interested in being on the committee, please email Kaitlyn Scheuermann, MPP-D, RDN, LD.
- American Dietetic Association
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Federal Government US Dietary Guidelines
- Iowa Department of Health and Human Services
- Kids Health
- USDA Nutrition Resources for Kids
- Meal Ideas on a Budget