In order to better regulate all District brand usage, WCSD has an “Approved Vendor List,” from which all organizations using District brand elements must choose to work for branded designs and/or special-order products (e.g. apparel, signage, promotional products.) These vendors have completed the application process, been provided with WCSD brand guidelines, have access to brand files, and agreed to the terms for use. If a vendor advises an organization against using requested designs for any brand guideline reason, it is important to listen. If a vendor uses any design that goes against the agreed to brand guidelines terms and policies, the vendor may lose their approved vendor status. For any questions on special circumstances, vendors and/or organizations may contact the WCSD Communications Department.
- Retail – Allows a company to produce products bearing the trademarks of Waukee CSD for sale at retail in approved retail channels and direct to consumer, as well as district departments and related entities.
- Internal – Allows a company to produce product bearing the trademarks of the district for departments and related entities for internal consumption only; cannot provide product at retailer direct to consumer.
License and Royalty Fees
Waukee will charge a fixed fee for a one-year unlimited (non-transferrable) license for use of the District’s logo/name. $500.00 for individuals/entities, payable to Waukee Community School District. The fee will be assessed per logo. (Warriors, Wolves, District)
Affiliated vendors work with approved district-sponsored activities or organizations to produce uniforms, apparel, promotional signs, or any other items using the District brand.
- Affiliated vendors produce products for a district-sponsored activity/organization.
- Affiliated vendors DO NOT produce products independently to sell in a store or online.
- The district-sponsored activity or organization determines the price, distribution, and sale of the products, not the vendor.
- Affiliate vendors must register annually through the vendor application process.
- Affiliate vendors must annually sign an affiliate licensing agreement.
Trademark License Agreement Affiliated Sample
Non-affiliated vendors may or may not work directly with any district-sponsored activity or organization AND are not associated with the District.
- produce apparel, promotional signs, or other items independently and for vendor profit.
- must pay a royalty percentage of all revenues received for the sale of goods and services tied to the WCSD brand, as spelled out in the non-affiliate licensing agreement.
- must register annually through the vendor application process.
- must annually sign a non-affiliate licensing agreement.
Trademark License Agreement Non-Affiliated Sample
Vendor Application Process
All vendors wishing to be included on the “WCSD Approved Vendor List” must complete the application process. The application process includes:
- Complete Affiliate OR Non-Affiliate Vendor Application
- Sign Affiliate OR Non-Affiliate Licensing Agreement.
- Adhere to WCSD brand guidelines.
Once WCSD receives a vendor’s application, we will review their information and history of work, including their understanding and agreement to follow WCSD and proof of ability to follow other organizations’/businesses’ brand guidelines. If we find they do not consistently follow provided brand guidelines, we have the right to refuse their acceptance as a WCSD-approved vendor.
Once approved, vendors will be required to follow all current and updated brand guidelines issued by the District. If the WCSD Communications Department finds any vendor is not following District brand guidelines, the vendor’s approval status may be revoked and the company will be removed from the Approved Vendor List. The vendor may only re-apply for reinstatement as an approved vendor for the following school year with a written explanation of changed procedures to comply with District guidelines. The application process begins the summer prior to the start of the school year.
All vendors applying for approved status will receive notice upon approval. Once they are approved, they will be added to the WCSD Approved Vendor List online for district groups to use. If a vendor does not yet appear on the online list, they are not approved to be used.
Any vendor that produces materials using the District brands and is not a WCSD Approved Vendor may be eliminated from consideration any time in the future. Any vendor that tampers with, or uses District brand elements in any way other than outlined in the WCSD District brand guidelines, will be eliminated from consideration as an approved vendor in the future. In both cases, vendors may be subject to legal action on behalf of WCSD.